All carbon removals are third-party verified and warranty-backed. Immediate retirement is enforced by code, so our carbon removals can’t be resold.
With our carbon removal API, you can enable users to buy carbon removal offsets directly on your website or app. It’s a frictionless, friendly user experience that meets your customers where they’re at — and empowers them to make a positive climate impact.
Incentivize user engagement or keep up with carbon removals in real-time by automating your carbon removal purchases or building carbon removal into your product’s checkout flow. With Nori’s integration, you can trigger your carbon removal purchases based on transactions or any action within your product.
Tailor our carbon removal integration to serve your company’s needs, budget, and climate goals. You decide who pays for the carbon removals (e.g. company or customer), what triggers the purchase, who the carbon removal belongs to, and more.
When you integrate Nori into your website or app, you and your users will get priority access to our carbon removal supply. (Carbon removal offsets are in limited supply on a global scale and Nori actively works to bring new supply to market. Learn more here.)
When you plug into Nori’s carbon removal API, you’ll have the option of getting a unique account page on Nori’s website to track your community’s carbon removals. Use the account page to amplify your climate impact and stay up-to-date on the carbon removal projects that you’re supporting.
Only 5% of voluntary offsets represent carbon removals, which remove excess carbon dioxide that’s already in the atmosphere from past emissions. The remaining 95% of voluntary offsets are either reductions or avoidance offsets, which limit future emissions.
To achieve a livable climate future and ultimately reverse climate change, we need to remove 1.5 trillion tonnes of CO2 from the atmosphere. Carbon removals are the only way to do this. Every time you purchase a Nori Carbon Removal Tonne (NRT) through our marketplace, you support the real-world carbon removers making an impact — and inspire more people to take action.
Some markets make it difficult to know exactly when and where carbon was removed, how long it will be stored for, and how much it should cost. With Nori, you get full transparency at each step of the process. Each Nori Carbon Removal Tonne (NRT) represents 1 tonne of CO2 removed and stored for a minimum of 10 years via regenerative agriculture practices.
Your carbon removal certificate provides unique, detailed documentation of your climate impact. It traces your purchase back to the carbon removal supplier and verifier for the specific CO2 removal you’ve funded – and it’s all tracked publicly on the blockchain.
When you purchase from Nori, you can trace your carbon removal back to the source. We work directly with people and companies that remove carbon from the atmosphere, known as “suppliers.” Our suppliers provide us with detailed project data which then gets approved by a third-party verifier before getting listed as official carbon removals in our marketplace.
Our first carbon removal methodology is regenerative agriculture, meaning, the carbon removals you buy or integrate are sourced from regenerative farmers sequestering carbon in their soils. Regenerative agriculture is cost-effective, restores depleted cropland soils, and it has the potential to sequester more than one billion tonnes of carbon every year.
This is just the beginning. Our Supply Team is actively researching and developing other carbon removal methodologies, which we’ll add to our marketplace soon!
Stay up to date on carbon removal, Nori product launches, partnership opportunities, and more. We won't spam your inbox, promise!